vzaar videos in PDF Documents and Presentations
It is possible to embed vzaar video into documents created with Microsoft Office. The following example explains how to embed a video into a Powerpoint presentation but the basic concept can be used to embed video in Word documents.
- Click on the Office button and select Powerpoint Options -> Popular
- Check the "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" box
- Choose the 'Developer' menu and then Controls -> More controls
- Select 'Shockwave Flash Object' and click 'OK'
- Draw a rectangle with the crosshairs cursor
- Right click inside the object and choose 'Properties'
- In the 'Properties' dialog, set 'Playing' and 'Loop' attributes to 'False'
- In the 'Movie' attribute,enter the URL to your movie in the following format: http://view.vzaar.com/nnnnnnn/flashplayer where 'nnnnnnn' is the ID of the movie.
- Enter the width and height of the video in the 'width' and 'height' fields.
- 'x' out of the 'Properties' dialog and watch your slide show - the video should now appear embedded. If the video does not appear immediately, save the slideshow and exit Powerpoint. You should see the video when you reopen.
Note: This process has been tested in Office 2007 only but should transfer to other versions of Office depending on MS compatibility. Object embedding appears to involve ActiveX so this process may not work at all on non-Windows versions of Powerpoint.