Which CDN does vzaar use?
vzaar is a fully-integrated, end to end video hosting and delivery platform. One important component of our platform is a CDN.
vzaar has partnered with Verizon Digital Media Services (formerly Edgecast) to provide our customers with one of the leading global Content Delivery Networks.
The VDMS Content Delivery Network (CDN) ensures the best video viewing experience that technology can offer by delivering cutting edge video streaming services as well as fast and clean Progressive Download and HTTP content delivery. With vzaar you can select between RTMPe and Progressive delivery.
The VDMS Network's CDN is designed from the ground up for digital media streaming and delivery, and we have made jittery, buffering video streaming a thing of the past. Strategic global points of presence, network routing, video prioritization, content management tools and unlimited scalability are all designed with video streaming and downloading in mind. The CDN ensures your video content is always on the network edge, adjacent to your end users, no matter where they are located globally. Your video will be delivered smoothly at the highest possible speed and video quality, all backed by our 100% uptime and video quality guarantee. Whether you are running a high-traffic user generated video site with the need to keep your costs down, or if you are planning a world-wide High Definition video launch, the vzaar-Verizon CDN is your optimal solution.
Strategically located POP's (Point of Presence)
- North America: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Jose, Seattle and Washington D.C
- Europe: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Stockholm, Vienna and Warsaw
- Asia: Bangalore, Batam, Beijing, Chennai, New Delhi, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Mumbai, Osaka, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taiwan and Tokyo
- Australia: Melbourne and Sydney
- South America: Buenos Aires, Medellin, Quito, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo
- Middle East: Dubai and Muscat
Peering Agreement Not only have VDMS placed their POPs inside the very data centers where the major backbone providers peer with each other, they have also signed peering agreements with many of the major carriers. This approach - physically placing caching servers at the carrier interconnection points, while peering with those same carriers - means we can offer high-speed, reasonably-priced delivery services to even the most remote geographies.
A full map of the CDN can be found here